1. How long have you been in business?
2. What is your design background?
NOTE: This may or may not involve formal training. Remember, “good taste” isn’t necessarily something that can be taught!
3. What types of printing processes do you offer and which do you specialise in? Which do you recommend for my budget and style?
4. Is your printing done in-house or do you outsource it?
NOTE: Printing is usually less expensive if it’s printed in-house.
5. Do you offer custom invitations as well as templated styles? Is there a fee if I want to order a sample of either an existing invitation style or a custom design? If so, how much?
6. If I choose a custom wedding invitation, what are my options for paper type
7. Can I also order on the day stationery?
E.g. table numbers, place cards, table plan, ceremony programs, menus, etc.
8. Do you offer a package or a discounted price if I order all of the invitation components at the same time?
9. If I want to include a picture or graphic on my save-the-date card or invitation, can you accommodate that?
If so, does the image need to be saved in a specific format? Do you have photo retouching available, and if so, what is the price range? Can your photo specialist also convert colour images to black & white or sepia? Is there an additional cost?
10. Are there any new styles, trends and colours I might consider? What kinds of paper do you offer?
NOTE: The answers to these questions will give you a sense of how creative and up-to-the-minute your designer is.